Thursday, April 8, 2010

Andreas Gursky at Gagosian Gallery


I was introduced to Andreas Gursky's work today at the Gagosian Gallery in Beverly Hills. His work has tremendous detail. They are huge "C" prints. I think they are actually two prints that are masterfully joined to look like one print. Gursky's perception of space and the people in it are showcased in his work. The image you see above is of fishermen on a river bank separated by heavily wooded trees. The size is approximately 8x10'. Ironically, I made it look tiny in this photograph. There was a video detailing his thought process playing at the gallery. I watched a few minutes and found it very interesting. I will see if it is available on the internet or other source so I can watch it in full. In case your interested, one piece on sale was going for over $700,000. A bargain considering he sold a piece for over 3.3 million back in 2007. Start saving now.

No comments:

Post a Comment